Signal Hill Sport Leagues, participating in a team sport is great way to stay in shape and connect with friends on a regular basis. Volitude Sports is proud to offer organized co-ed sport leagues for adults including, flag football, basketball, beach soccer, field soccer, beach volleyball, dodgeball, indoor volleyball, flag football, ultimate frisbee, kickball, softball and futsal nearby Signal Hill in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach. View all of our Long Beach – Signal Hill Sport Leagues below!
Signal Hill is a city (2.2 mi², 5.7 km²) in Los Angeles County, California located in the Greater Los Angeles area. Situated high on a hill, the city is an enclave completely surrounded by the city of Long Beach. Signal Hill was incorporated on April 22, 1924, roughly three years after oil was discovered there. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 11,016. Signal Hill Sport Leagues.
The hill that the city is named after is 365 feet (110 m) above the surrounding town of Long Beach. Because of this height, it was used by the local Tongva Indians for signal fires that could be seen throughout the surrounding area and even out to Catalina Island, 26 miles (42 km) away.
After the Spanish claimed Alta California (“Upper California,” or what is now the state of California), Signal Hill eventually became part of the first large rancho grant to be allotted under Spanish rule in Alta California. The Rancho San Pedro (Dominguez Rancho) land grant exceeded 74,000 acres (300 km2) as granted to a soldier, Juan Jose Dominguez, who accompanied Junipero Serra, by Governor Fages through authority of King Carlos III of Spain in 1784. Signal Hill Sport Leagues.
Between 1913 and 1923 an early California movie studio, Balboa Amusement Producing Company (also known as Balboa Studios), was located in Long Beach and used 11 acres (45,000 m²) on Signal Hill for outdoor locations. Buster Keaton and Fatty Arbuckle were two of Balboa Studio actors who had films shot on Signal Hill.
Before oil was discovered in Signal Hill, there were large homes built on the hill itself, and in the lower elevations was an agricultural area where fruits, vegetables, and flowers were grown.
Although a small town, Signal Hill has several parks. The largest is Signal Hill Park at 10 acres (40,000 m2). It is adjacent to City Hall, the Community Center and the Library. The park has picnic tables, a playground, basketball courts, a softball field, and restrooms. There is also an amphitheater where there are weekly outdoor concerts during the summer. Signal Hill Sport Leagues.
5v5 Coed Beach Soccer League in Belmont Shore – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Soccer League Games 9am-1pm Sunday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
Long Beach CA is home to the largest Adult Coed Sand Soccer League in the country!
Southern California 5v5 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Sand Soccer League. 24 Teams and over 250 Beach Soccer participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, and Fall Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Adult Coed Leagues in Long Beach.
We play 5v5 (3 male & 2 female) Coed Soccer On The Sand. 4 Separate Divisions to make play fair & FUN for All Skill Levels of Players!
- Games are played Sunday Morning/Afternoons (9:00am-1:00pm) in Belmont Shore
- 5v5 Casual Coed Play for All Levels (3 male & 2 female on the field)
- Individual Players, Small Groups, and Teams (min 8/Team) Welcome!
- 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
- 4 Separate Divisions – Social (beginner), Premier 1 & 2 (intermediate) & Elite (advanced)
- Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
- Stats for Goal Leaders and Golden Boot Awards in each division
- Side contests, Prizes, Givaways, and Sponsor Bar Discounts
- New Friends, and Much More!
Long Beach / Signal Hill Sport Leagues. Beach Soccer Teams play every Sunday Morning between 9:00am-1:00pm on the sand @ Granada Ave & Ocean Blvd in Belmont Shore. Captains play FREE in VOLITUDE Beach Soccer. Recruit a team of at least 8 players and we’ve got you covered! With 24 Teams already on board, and multiple divisions, our commitment is to being organized and open-minded for you, and growing on a seasonal basis!
4v4 Coed Beach Volleyball League in Belmont Shore – Intermediate & Beginner Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Volleyball League Games 9am-1pm Saturday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
- Advanced Coaching Sessions available for schedule on weekends and weeknights
- 7 Weeks of (2) 1 Hour Matches (Double Headers) including Playoffs
- 2 Divisions for All Skill Levels – Beginner, Beg-intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate-adv
- Games are played Saturday Mornings (9am- 1pm) on the sand in Belmont Shore
- 4v4 Adult Coed (3-4 players on the court at a time – at least 1 female player)
- Sign up as an Individual Player, Small Group, or a Team (min 6 players/team)
- League Dri-Fit Shirt & Sponsor Bar Discounts Included
- Side contests, Prizes, Giveaways, New Friends, and More!
Long Beach/ Signal Hill Sport Leagues. Southern California 4v4 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Beach Volleyball League. 22 Teams and over 150 Beach Volleyball participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Adult Coed Leagues in Long Beach.
Year-Round Adult Coed Beach FLAG Football Seasons in Long Beach CA!
FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE LONG BEACH ~ 2 LEAGUES, 2 SEPARATE DAYS – JOIN 1, OR PLAY BOTH ~ SATURDAY League Games between 2:00pm-5:00pm ~ SUNDAY League Games Between 10:00am-2:00pm ~
Long Beach/ Signal Hill Sport Leagues Registration includes everything including referee fees: New Players receive 20% OFF registration when using the NEWMEMBER discount code during sign ups! 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field). We welcome all Individual Players (Free Agents) and Small Groups of Friends! OPEN TO ALL SKILL LEVELS – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field)
- Welcome New Teams, Groups of Friends, and Individuals (Free Agents)!
- Captains play FREE when you recruit at least 12 players for a team
– 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
– Stats for Touchdown, INT, Sack Leaders, QB’s, MVP Awards, and more!
– 2 Divisions with 12+ Teams (Social- Beg/Int, Premier- Int/Adv)
– Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
We have sports leagues and teams in the following areas:
Long Beach, Downey, Anaheim, Signal Hill, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Lakewood, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Westminster, Tustin, Orange, Stanton, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Carson, San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Cerritos, Cypress, Whittier, Los Alamitos, Fullerton, Brea, Yorba Linda, Placentia, La Habra, La Mirada, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and other areas in Southern California!