Downey Sport Leagues, participating in a team sport is great way to stay in shape and connect with friends on a regular basis. Volitude Sports is proud to offer organized co-ed sport leagues for adults including, flag football, basketball, beach soccer, field soccer, beach volleyball, dodgeball, indoor volleyball, flag football, ultimate frisbee, kickball, softball and futsal in Downey. View all of our Downey sport leagues below!
Downey is a city located in southeast Los Angeles County, California, United States, 13 mi (21 km) southeast of downtown Los Angeles. It is considered part of the Gateway Cities. The city is the birthplace of the Apollo space program. It is also the home of the oldest still operational McDonald’s restaurant in the world. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 111,779. Downey Sport Leagues.
In 2017, the City of Downey was recognized as L.A. County’s “Most Business-Friendly City” by the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation for cities with a population greater than 68,000. Most of Downey is within the Downey Unified School District. Downey’s two main public high schools are named for Governor John G. Downey and Governor and US Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren. Downey Sport Leagues.
Downey is a unique community in the heart of Southern California that combines the best of both large and small. We are an active city of 111,772 with a small town atmosphere. This is a place of pride, history, involvement, and community. We are highly recognized for our centralized location, top medical facilities, quality residential neighborhoods and schools, excellent golf courses, and an unmatched family lifestyle. In fact, Downey has been rated in the top 25% of “100 Best Cities To Do Business in California” by California Business Magazine. Downey’s winning formula can be the key to your business success or family lifestyle. Come discover Downey, the place where America began its journey to the stars. Downey sport leagues.
The town derived its name from John Gately Downey, an Irish immigrant who had come to California during the Gold Rush, and succeeded to Governor of California. He helped build the economic foundation of Southern California, effecting a transition from open cattle range to an agricultural district of small farms. Downey was among the first to subdivide the vast ranchos into farms. Downey sport leagues.
Aerospace: Vultee Aircraft was Downey’s largest employer during World War II, producing 15% of all of America’s military aircraft by 1941. The company was a pioneer in the use of women in manufacturing positions, and was the first aircraft company to build airplanes on a powered assembly line.Vultee became a part of North American Aviation, (later North American Rockwell, then Rockwell International which was then bought by the Boeing company) whose facilities were the birthplace of the systems for the Apollo Space Program as well as the Space Shuttle. For over 70 years, Downey’s Rockwell NASA plant produced and tested many of the 20th century’s greatest aviation, missile, and space endeavors. By the early 1970s, the facilities encompassed some 1,700,000 square feet (160,000 m2) of enclosed area over more than 200 acres (81 ha). But, by the post-Cold War 1990s, Downey was brutally hit by cutbacks in the defense budget. Rockwell International, which once had more than 30,000 employees, had fewer than 5,000 in 1992. The seventy-year history of airplane and space vehicle manufacturing in Downey came to an end when the Rockwell plant closed in 1999. The former North American Rockwell plant was demolished, and the site now features the Columbia Memorial Space Center, Downey Landing shopping center, a Kaiser Permanente hospital, a city recreation fields park, and the former movie studio site of Downey Studios. Downey sport leagues.
Basketball League games currently take place at American Sports Center in Anaheim, CA. Play is 5v5 Coed Full Court with a minimum of 1 female player on the court at a time to keep games fair and fun for everyone!
Volitude 5v5 Adult Coed Full Court Basketball League – American Sports Center – 1500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Spring, Fall, and Winter Leagues Thursday Nights 6:30pm | 7:15pm | 8:00pm | 8:45pm | 9:30pm | 10:15pm
- 7 Weeks of Games including a Playoff Week
- Games are played Thursday Evenings (6:30pm- 10:30pm) at the American Sports Center in Anaheim
- 5v5 Adult Coed (at least 1 female player on the court at all times)
- Sign up a Team (min 7 players/team), with a Group of Friends, or as an Individual (Free Agent)
- 2 Divisions – Social & Premier to Accommodate Different Skill Levels
- Reversible Jerseys for returning Top Placing Teams
- Registration Fee: $70 per player before May 1st
- Two Certified Referees on Court – Team Referee Fee $25 per game
- Adult Basketball League Anaheim CA
Indoor Volleyball League: Adult Coed 6v6 Indoor Volleyball League – American Sports Center – 1500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Weeknight Indoor Volleyball League Games on Wednesday Nights – 6:30pm | 7:15pm | 8:00pm | 9:00pm | 9:45pm
- 7 Weeks of Games including a Playoff Week!
- Games are played Wednesday Evenings (6:30pm- 10:30pm in Anaheim)
- 6v6 Adult Coed (at least 2 female players on the court at all times)
- Sign up a Team (min 8 players/team), with a Group of Friends, or as an Individual (Free Agent)
- Intermediate Skill Level Players – FUN Social Coed League!
- Team DRI-FIT Shirts for All Players
- Team Referee Fee $10 per week
- Registration Fee: $65 per player
5v5 Coed Beach Soccer League in Belmont Shore – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Soccer League Games 9am-1pm Sunday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
Long Beach CA is home to the largest Adult Coed Sand Soccer League in the country!
Southern California 5v5 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Sand Soccer League. 24 Teams and over 250 Beach Soccer participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, and Fall Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Downey Sport Leagues.
We play 5v5 (3 male & 2 female) Coed Soccer On The Sand. 4 Separate Divisions to make play fair & FUN for All Skill Levels of Players!
- Games are played Sunday Morning/Afternoons (9:00am-1:00pm) in Belmont Shore
- 5v5 Casual Coed Play for All Levels (3 male & 2 female on the field)
- Individual Players, Small Groups, and Teams (min 8/Team) Welcome!
- 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
- 4 Separate Divisions – Social (beginner), Premier 1 & 2 (intermediate) & Elite (advanced)
- Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
- Stats for Goal Leaders and Golden Boot Awards in each division
- Side contests, Prizes, Givaways, and Sponsor Bar Discounts
- New Friends, and Much More!
Long Beach / Downey Sport Leagues. Beach Soccer Teams play every Sunday Morning between 9:00am-1:00pm on the sand @ Granada Ave & Ocean Blvd in Belmont Shore. Captains play FREE in VOLITUDE Beach Soccer. Recruit a team of at least 8 players and we’ve got you covered! With 24 Teams already on board, and multiple divisions, our commitment is to being organized and open-minded for you, and growing on a seasonal basis!
4v4 Coed Beach Volleyball League in Belmont Shore – Intermediate & Beginner Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Volleyball League Games 9am-1pm Saturday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
- Advanced Coaching Sessions available for schedule on weekends and weeknights
- 7 Weeks of (2) 1 Hour Matches (Double Headers) including Playoffs
- 2 Divisions for All Skill Levels – Beginner, Beg-intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate-adv
- Games are played Saturday Mornings (9am- 1pm) on the sand in Belmont Shore
- 4v4 Adult Coed (3-4 players on the court at a time – at least 1 female player)
- Sign up as an Individual Player, Small Group, or a Team (min 6 players/team)
- League Dri-Fit Shirt & Sponsor Bar Discounts Included
- Side contests, Prizes, Giveaways, New Friends, and More!
Long Beach/ Downey Sport Leagues. Southern California 4v4 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Beach Volleyball League. 22 Teams and over 150 Beach Volleyball participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Adult Coed Leagues in Long Beach.
Year-Round Adult Coed Beach FLAG Football Seasons nearby Downey in Long Beach CA!
FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE LONG BEACH ~ 2 LEAGUES, 2 SEPARATE DAYS – JOIN 1, OR PLAY BOTH ~ SATURDAY League Games between 2:00pm-5:00pm ~ SUNDAY League Games Between 10:00am-2:00pm ~
Long Beach/ Downey Sport Leagues Registration includes everything including referee fees: New Players receive 20% OFF registration when using the NEWMEMBER discount code during sign ups! 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field). We welcome all Individual Players (Free Agents) and Small Groups of Friends! OPEN TO ALL SKILL LEVELS – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field)
- Welcome New Teams, Groups of Friends, and Individuals (Free Agents)!
- Captains play FREE when you recruit at least 12 players for a team
– 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
– Stats for Touchdown, INT, Sack Leaders, QB’s, MVP Awards, and more!
– 2 Divisions with 12+ Teams (Social- Beg/Int, Premier- Int/Adv)
– Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
Other Downey Sports League Links:
We have sports leagues and teams in the following areas:
Long Beach, Downey, Anaheim, Signal Hill, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Lakewood, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Westminster, Tustin, Orange, Stanton, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Carson, San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Cerritos, Cypress, Whittier, Los Alamitos, Fullerton, Brea, Yorba Linda, Placentia, La Habra, La Mirada, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and other areas in Southern California!